Today is Friday, June 26. It was the funeral for Mr. Moyle Brown. It was a very beautiful service. The songs we sang were songs that he enjoyed conducting. We were able to hear a taped version of when he sang at his uncle's, Hugh B Brown, funeral about 30 years ago. It was sung in the LDS Tabernacle on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah. He sounded so much younger. His son, Bill began by giving the life sketch. Along with that life sketch, he included many memories and stories. It was great because I knew some of those stories, I was there! Another of Mr. Browns sons, Theron, wrote a song about and for his dad. It is called, Here's to the Man. It talked about his life...from being born the 3rd of 3 sons, to teaching music, directing plays and marching bands. Mr. Brown was/is a great man. I grew up hearing about him from my mother, who had him as a teacher and friend of the family. I am so blessed that I was able to have him as my teacher and father of my best friend. My girls also were influenced by him. I will never forget Mr. Brown.
Manana......
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment