




I know its been awhile since this blog has seen something new. Well here it is:
I (Ky) went on the 2008 Ontario Stake Trek. I really really did not want to go. In the end though i went. We left Monday the 23 at 6:30 am ( really early for me I'm not a morning person) on a 55 passenger bus for a 10hr (actually it took us about 11hrs) to Wyoming. It was one of the longest drives I have ever been on. Oh, and we had to wear our pioneer clothes on the bus!! The first night we just set up our tents, ate, then went on an amazing small little walk to different stations where people would pretend to be a pioneer and tell us their story. Along the way we were checked for ticks! Which i know officially do NOT like!! Don't worry though i only had two and they were on my clothes thank goodness! Tuesday we packed up got back on the bus and drove for about 2-3 hours to Martins Cove. We stopped at Independence Rock. Which I climbed in a skirt(it was about 128 feet high) and i am terribly afraid of heights so i was surprised that i did it. After that we went to Martins Cove Visitors Center where we ate lunch got our handcarts packed and started on our first day of walking. We walked about 7 miles that day in the rain, wind, and hot sun. The weather in Wyoming is very unpredictable. We got to Jackson Campground and again set up our tents. I was in the Forsberg Family so i got to be with my BEST FRIEND Megan. We ate set up a fire and watched as guys tried to show off by cracking the bull whip(which if you aren't tall enough to use you can severely injure yourself). We went to bed around 10:30 because we had to get up around 5:00. We then woke up put on our pioneer clothes and started pulling again. We stopped to walk through Martins Cove. Which is a really nice 3 mile walk were you can really feel the spirit. We also crossed the Sweetwater River. It went up to about my chest/shoulder and im about 5 foot tall so thats about how high it was. The fourth picture is of Megan and I after the crossing. We then continued to walk about 5 more miles until we reached the Martins Cove Visitors center. We returned our handcarts and got back on the bus. Which drove us back to out campsite. Well that day about 3 miles into the walk i noticed my bonnet had come off somewhere behind us or at camp. We asked the people behind us but no one had seen it so we continued walking. After the bus brought us back to the camp i looked and looked but since their had been a big windstorm and tents had blown down i was sure that my bonnet was long gone. So I stopped looking and prayed about it. While sitting around the campfire for some reason i looked at the wood pile. There in between to pieces of wood and under one big one was my bonnet. I know that their was no way that that could have blown there, i know that heavenly father was looking out for me that day(especially cause I'm not that lucky lol) So the next day we got on the bus and left for Salt Lake (technically we left for Ogden) to a HOTEL AND SHOWERS!!!!!!! In my hotel room there was Deidra Hawker(who moved to Chicago and will be missed), Laura Foster, Ashley Graham, and myself. We stayed in room number 231 at the La Quinta hotel. That night we got to eat at the Golden Coral which was Delicious! Friday we went to the Ogden Temple which was a great spiritual experience for me. We did baptism's and confirmations. One of the pictures is of our whole word at the temple. We then got to walk around temple square, go to the J.S museum, Beehive house, conference center, and the history center. Then at 11:30 pm we left to come home. I had a really great experience and though right now i say I'm not going next time. I really hope i will.
3 comments:
Hola:
Un saludo cordial desde Concepción, Chile.
Atentamente,
Luis Roco C.
Kiosco Salo Concepción
Wow!! How Awesome is that! I would love to go to all of those places, except not in pioneer gear. I have a book for you that you may find interesting now. "Fire of the Covenant" Excellent!!!
That sounds like a great trip Kyleigh!! The pictures are great! Madison was talking today about how cool it would be if you, Kelsey, and her could go when she turns 14.
Post a Comment